Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Update: About Me

Hello! Thanks for tuning into the March Update. I though that I would start by putting a face to the name of Summer Girl Chicks. Hi, I'm Meredith. I've been receiving some absurd requests and weird questions so I thought I would give some insight into who I am, and stop all the silliness!
I am a University Student. I'm finishing my degree in Education and Fine Arts. I am moving to Guelph, Ontario to start a new degree in Horticulture, Urban Agriculture and continue my art practice.

I decided to start Summer Girl Chicks to extend and expand my hobby and supply small-time flocks with Rare and Heritage breed poultry. I love supporting my local community and supporting urban homesteading. It's just little me, running this tiny business, behind a desk and computer and the incubators. Because I'm still in my final semester in Montreal, I can't start hatching and importing until the end of April, no exceptions. Which means I cannot guarantee any chicks will arrive until mid-May, or later depending on when you sent in your order.

I always answer my emails as soon as possible you can contact me through the "Contact" page.

I am located in Guelph, and I am not in a position to ship live chicks. This might be something I would consider in the seasons to come. When you choose to order chicks from me, you will receive high quality organically reared chicks, and a custom service. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Check back soon for more updates!

Check out the "Future" page for breeds that may become available this summer on a hatch-n-sell basis.

Cheers,

Meredith